Recipe: Chicken Macaroni Salad
1 lb. boneless chicken breast
1 lb elbow macaroni
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1 can pineapple chunks 20 oz
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
6.5 oz chopped pimiento
1 cup carrot chopped
1 piece green bell pepper chopped
1 cup raisins
1/4 cup sweet relish
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3 teaspoons salt this will be used when boiling chicken and macaroni, and as a seasoning
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
water for boiling
Shop your Ingredients Now:
OUT OF STOCK
1. Prepare the chicken. Start boiling the chicken by pouring 1 quart water on a cooking pot over a stove top. Apply heat and let boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt and put the chicken breasts into the pot. Cover and boil in medium heat for 22 minutes. Remove chicken from the pot. Let it cool down. Manually shred into pieces and set aside.
2. Prepare the macaroni by following package instructions. Boil 3 quarts water in a pot. Add 1 teaspoon salt. Pour the macaroni into the pot. Stir. Cover the pot and continue to boil the macaroni in medium heat for 9 minutes or until al dente. Make sure to stir every 3 minutes to prevent the macaroni from sticking to each other. Drain the water. Set macaroni aside.
3. Arrange macaroni in a large mixing bowl. Add shredded chicken. Toss.
4. Put-in pineapple, pimiento, green bell pepper, raisins, carrot, sweet relish, and cheese. Toss until ingredients are blended.
5. Add your mayonnaise and garlic powder. Gently toss until well blended.
6. Top with ground parsley or fresh.
7. Serve! Share with the family and enjoy.