Recipe: Banana Cake
5 whole eggs
170g (3/4 cup)sugar
160g (3/4 cup) melted butter (or vegetable oil as substitute)
300g or 5-6 pcs ripe bananas
250g (2 cups) flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
Shop your Ingredients Now:
OUT OF STOCK
1. Using the flour strainer, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a big bowl, set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a pot and set aside to cool.
3. Mash the bananas with a fork in a bowl and set aside.
4. Using cake-mixer, beat eggs and sugar until thick and pale yellow. Add in mashed bananas, continue mixing.
5. Add in melted butter/oil, mix well using a spatula.
6. Finally fold in sifted flour mixture using a spatula.
7. Prepare the steamer 10 minutes in advance and make sure the water is boiling before you put in the cake.
8. Line the base of the cake pan with baking paper and greased both the base and the sides with baking spray/oil.
9. Pour the cake butter into a lined and greased 8-inch round cake pan and steam at high heat for 45-50 minutes.