Recipe: Creamy Chicken Sopas
12 oz. chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
½ pc cabbage, sliced
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 pc onion, diced
3 pcs hotdog, sliced
¾ cup carrots, diced
12 oz. evaporated milk
1 ½ cups elbow macaroni
3 cloves garlic, minced
6 to 8 cups water
3 tbsp. cooking oil
Maggi Magic Sarap or Knorr Chicken broth cubes
salt & ground black pepper to taste
Shop your Ingredients Now:
OUT OF STOCKOUT OF STOCK
1. Boil 3 cups water in a medium pot. Add the chicken breasts.
2. Cover and cook in medium heat for 15 to 18 minutes. You may add more water if needed.
3. Separate the chicken from the water. Let the chicken cool down and then shred. Set both shredded chicken and water aside.
4. Heat oil in a large soup pot. Sauté the garlic until it turns medium brown. Add onion, celery, and carrot. Continue to sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add the shredded chicken. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add the hot dog. Quickly stir and then pour the water used to boil the chicken. Also pour the remaining water. Let boil.
7. Add seasoning and salt. Stir. Cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
8. Put the elbow macaroni in the pot. Cook for 10 minutes.
9. Add the cabbage. Stir and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Note: you can add more water if needed.
10. Pour the evaporated milk. Stir, let boil, cover and cook for another 3 minutes.
11. Add ground black pepper to too.
12. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
13. Share and enjoy!