Recipe: Banana Maruya
ripe ‘saba’ banana
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp annatto powder, dissolved in water
1 egg, beaten
1 cup fresh milk
3/4 cups cooking oil
1 1/2 cup white sugar
Shop your Ingredients Now:
1. In a large bowl, mash the ripe banana(s).
2. Add the egg, flour, milk, and dissolved annatto powder. Mix all the ingredients well.
3. Heat half of the oil in a pan.
4. When the oil becomes hot, scoop about 2 tablespoons of the mixture and then pour in the pan (add the remaining oil in the next batches).
5. Fry both sides until the color turns golden brown.
6. Sprinkle the remaining sugar on both sides.
7. Serve. Share and enjoy!