Recipe: Pork Monggo (Munggo)
1 cup monggo beans
200g pork belly (lechon kawali)
100g Chinese pechay
1/2 pc tomato sliced
1/4 pc red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 pc yellow bell pepper, chopped
1/2 pc onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups water
patis (fish sauce)
3 tbsp cooking oil
Shop your Ingredients Now:
OUT OF STOCKOUT OF STOCKOUT OF STOCK
1. Soak the monggo beans in 3 cups water overnight. Drain water.
2. Heat oil in a cooking pot. Sauté garlic, onion, and tomato. Once onion and tomato soften, add the pork. Cook until it turns light brown.
3. Add soaked beans and sauté for 2 minutes. Pour water and let it boil.
4. Add patis or preferred seasoning to taste. Cover and boil between low to medium heat until monggo beans are soft. Add water if needed.
5. Add pork belly (lechon kawali), chopped red bell peppers and pechay. Cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add ground black pepper (optional.)
7. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve and enjoy.