Recipe: Sotanghon Bola-bola
1 lb. ground pork
1/2 medium onion, minced
6 cloves garlic
1 medium red bell pepper
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp Maggi Magic Sarap
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
sugar and salt
SOUP & NOODLES
6 cups pork stock or plain water
4 oz (about 2 coils) sotanghon
Maggi Magic Sarap
2 tbsp patis or fish sauce
1 pc pechay
1 pc carrot
salt and pepper to taste
Shop your Ingredients Now:
OUT OF STOCKOUT OF STOCKOUT OF STOCKOUT OF STOCKOUT OF STOCKOUT OF STOCK
1. Prepare the meatballs by combining all meatball ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Scoop 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture and form into a ball. Perform this step until the mixture is completely consumed. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a cooking pot. Once the oil becomes hot, pan fry the meatballs until the outer part turns light brown. Note: the meatballs do not need to be cooked completely at this point.
3. Remove the meatballs from the pot. Set aside.
4. Using the remaining oil, sauté garlic until golden brown. Add onion. Continue to cook until the onion softens.
5. Add the pan-fried meatballs back. Pour water.
6. Add Maggi Maggic Sarap, salt and ground black pepper. Stir. Cover the pot and cook in medium heat for 15 minutes.
7. Add Sotanghon. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Put the carrot then add patis and ground black pepper. Stir. Add pechay. Cook for 1 minute.
8. Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with spring onion.
9. Serve. Share and enjoy!