Recipe: Sweet and Sour Tilapia
1 pc cleaned tilapia
1/2 pc red bell pepper
1/2 pc green bell pepper
1/2 pc carrot
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 pc onion, sliced
2 thumbs ginger
2 oz. tomato paste
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 cup water (if needed)
5 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
4 oz. pineapple juice
4 tbsp white sugar
2 cups of cooking oil
Maggi Magic Sarap
salt and ground black pepper to taste
Shop your Ingredients Now:
OUT OF STOCKOUT OF STOCKOUT OF STOCKOUT OF STOCKOUT OF STOCK
1. Put Maggi Magic Sarap all over the tilapia. Let it stand for 10 minutes so that the fish can absorb the seasoning.
2. Heat around 1 cup of cooking oil in a pan. Once the oil gets hot, fry the fish until the color turns golden brown. Flip to fry the opposite side. Remove from the pan. Place on a clean plate. Set aside.
3. Make the sauce by heating 3 tablespoons of cooking oil in a cooking pot. Sauté onion and garlic for 10 seconds. Add ginger. Sauté for 12 seconds.
4. Pour white vinegar and Pineapple Juice. Let it boil.
5. Add tomato paste. Stir until it completely dilutes in the mixture.
6. Add sugar. Stir until the sugar gets fully incorporated.
7. Put carrots and bell pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
8. Combine cornstarch and 3 tablespoons of water. Mix well. Pour into the cooking pot. Stir until sauce thickens.
9. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Add a pc of tilapia and cook for 3 minutes.
10. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with rice. Share and enjoy!